1 | Why Productivity Matters
2 | The Importance of Mindset
3 | Building High Performance Habits
4 | Structure your Communication
5 | Diagnose & Solve Problems
6 | Do the Right Work, Work the Right Way
7 | Robust Operating Systems
8 | Build & Keep the ‘A’ Team
9 | Put it all together & Own the Culture!
Free for students, limited spots available!
Sample of clients I worked with.
Worked with over 10 of the world’s leading industrial players around the globe.
15+ Years Experience
- Lead complex Enterprise Transformations for clients in the heavy industrials sector
- Delivered sustained & verified bottom-line results: Operational deep dive – Roadmap – Implementation support and coaching
- Former DuPont Sustainable Solutions Partner and Associate Principal with Partners in Performance. Frontline roles with Boral
- Conducted > 40 Diagnostics and Transformations
- Delivered > $750M in bottom-line verified results
- Worked in more than 20 countries incl. Australia, Malaysia, Ghana, Mali, Congo, South Africa, Qatar, KSA, Finland, UAE, Spain
Ahmed Elkomy –
Enterprise Transformations | Operations Improvement | Management Consulting Partner | Business Coach | Educator
- Ahmed has more than fifteen years of international experience delivering tangible financial results across asset-intensive industries in more than 20 countries, both in consulting and front-line management capacities
- Industrial experience: Mining | Metals | Oil | Gas | Chemicals | Manufacturing | Construction
- Geography: Australia | Africa | Europe | Middle East | SE Asia
- Functions: Asset Management | Operations | Supply Chain | Organisational Effectiveness | Corporate development
- Transformation Offerings: Business Deep Dives | Unit Cost Reduction | Capital Effectiveness | Business Improvement | Operational Excellence | Strategic Planning | Production Excellence | Operational Risk Management | Supply Chain
- Enablers: Management Operating Systems | Culture Transformation | Capability Building | Sustainability | Digital Deployment
- Sample clients: Rio Tinto | Glencore | Kinross | Vale | Anglo Gold | Sappi | South32 | Orica | EGA | Terrafame | SABIC | QP | Sipchem | Oil Search
- Devised strategy and associated implementation plan to achieve a 20%-unit reduction for Africa’s largest steel manufacturer.
- Optimised portfolio of 33 manufacturing plants to focus on increasing OEE and shutting down operations resulting in a 45% profit uplift.
- Identified and recommended $100M of cost-saving opportunities on a $1B large scale mining construction project in Guinea.
- Built a Transformation Office for one of Australia’s largest Oil and Gas players to define strategy and administer a $65m improvement pipeline.
- Conducted an operational excellence deep dive for a NOC across a refinery, onshore and offshore gas facilities to identify $180M in improvements.
- Redefined the maintenance strategy for an Australian chemicals manufacturer that improved asset integrity and resulted in $20M savings.
- Wrote and executed a regional supply chain strategy that slashed costs by 18% for a global Canadian company in 3 months.
- Reduced unit cost by 12% for a Brazilian energy conglomerate by setting up a PMO office and driving 20 improvement initiatives.
- Reduced supply chain costs by 15% by streamlining procurement and implementing a robust warehouse strategy for a Saudi joint-venture.
- Oversaw team of 6 consultants and client resources to reduce unit cost for a South African gold miner by 20% in 18 weeks.
Years Experience & Expertise
Countries and more
What others are saying…
“Ahmed has the ability to build great interpersonal relationships with the client, his energy, knowledge and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated by the client. Prime example of this was client member becoming a strong advocate for DSS, which can mainly be attributed to this capability.”
“Pragmatic & Delivery focussed – Ahmed does well to keep the pace of the engagement high and keeps the team focussed on delivery. He utilizes core consulting skills like daily check-ins, weekly reviews and catchups effectively to ensure all workstreams are delivering value. Ahmed also effectively closes the loop on delivery by adding feedback and coaching into the way he works and actively encourages the team to do the same creating a highly delivery focussed team.”
“Ahmed is able to identify what really matters and does not waste time on non sensical activities. He is also able to help the team to focus on what matters must and synthesising that into a good comprehensive story”
“Ahmed is very well structured and follows a pragmatic approach. He is very comfortable in challenging circumstances and managing multiple aspects at once. He was able to facilitate information from multiple workstreams simultaneously and ensure a drive for results across them.”
“Enthusiast, energetic, results driven. He is very good in motivating , supporting and giving credit to colleagues, always maintaining a positive and constructive atmosphere. I also appreciate the effort he is taking in getting feedback on the project as a whole and on himself. Not scared to hear negative feedback, that he takes positively, being focused on continuous improvement for himself and the team. This is a very good attribute”